Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack

Default Handyman Chronicles

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 00:11:30 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Hi All

Still struggling with the horrendous cost of advertising. You would not
credit how much the buggers want. I came up with the following cunning
plan;

A large (huge) sign to mounted on the roof bars of my vehicle. Something
like 6' x 3' full colour, professionally done.

Checking out the car parks of local B&Q, Homebase, Morrisons, Asda, Tesco
stores etc they all have the following restrictions;

Maximum stay 2 hours, customers only.

So, I park in B&Q car park in prominence position, attach sign to roof, buy
packet of screws (therefore becoming a customer) and leave car there for 1
hour 55 mins. Remove sign, drive to Homebase & do the same. Then Morrisons
etc.

Perfectly legal, not flyposting, doesn't annoy people like windscreen
flyers, can't be banned for doing anything.

Result is that a HUGE number of people see my advert. Minimal cost, huge
bang for the buck.

Anyone see any snags? Any thoughts?

How about a sandwich board? Then you wouldn't be confined to the car
park and you'd be getting some healthy exercise walking around town.
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the EGG to email me.