Tom Quackenbush

Default Spam from Korea

On 13 Oct 2003 21:51:50 -0400, (DoN. Nichols)
wrote:
SNIP

I believe that Forte's Agent uses plain-text files, but I can't
run that program either, so someone else will have to verify this, or
deny it.

I don't have OE to allow me to look through the file format, so
I don't know how difficult it might be to write a program to strip it
out. But you might look for import tools for other programs (like
Forte's Agent), or conversion programs among the freeware.

SNIP

Agent's database contains pairs of files, one .DAT and one .IDX
file. There seems to be one pair of files per message folder. The data
files seem to be mostly plain text with some Agent specific fields
inserted before each message. Text search of the files is not a
problem. I have no idea how the index files work.

Agent will import from Unix type (RFC-822) message files and they
provide a utility to convert Eudora or Pegasus messges to Unix format.
It can export messges to text files, either Unix format or slightly
modified (custom message separators, optional header fields, etc.).

IMHO, Outlook Express' method of storing messages is a royal PITA.

BTW, here's a blurb on running Agent with WINE:
http://www.oliversampson.com/computer/#Agent

R,
Tom Q.