Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Putting concrete in a basement

On 10 Mar 2006 08:52:02 -0800, "
wrote:

Ok I have a couple of questions, but here's the deal.

Basement is 1/2 finished. The half which needs concrete has a dirt
floor right now and has some heating pipes as welll as the walls are
old flagstone, it think.

I think flagstones are used to make walks are made out of, and they
are only one or two inches thick. So the stones sort of look like
flags and that is, I assume, where the name comes from. Not good for
making basement walls.

Maybe you mean fieldstones?

So, here are the questions.

Can't help.

1. How much prep work can I do on my own?
2. How much do you think it migh cost to put down the floor? (figure
30x30) or so.
3. the dirt gets wet, I think it seeps UP, not from the walls, so will
taht dry out the basement?

Thanks