Posted to alt.home.repair
PaPaPeng

Default Lime Buildup Chemistry?

On 10 Mar 2006 17:40:11 -0800, "
wrote:

muriatric acid is cheap and effective at most you lose 4 bucks...

Muriatic acid is concentrated HCl. Already tried that. Didn't work.
Also burned several small holes in my clothing. I wouldn't bring that
stuff anywhere inside the house again. The fumes would react with the
copper plumbing for example. Also I can't buy this stuff at the
hardware store anymore. Its classified as a harzardous substance. I
have other sources for strong acids. I don't have any call to get any
after experiments didn't clear the lime build-up. As for another
comment on a lifetime build-up of lime, I have to do this lime
scraping removal two or three times a year.