Posted to alt.home.repair
Jesse

Default Uder wooden floor water heat.

On 10 Mar 2006 12:15:15 -0800, "RayV" wrote:

Can't find the website I found this on but the process they had was
basically this.

thin (1/2"?) foil back insulation layed down on subfloor
12" wide osb strips over that spaced 1/2" apart
run tubing between osb strips
nail down floor to the OSB

The site I saw was a little more detailed than this:
http://www.radiantdesigninstitute.com/page29.html

I would check with the manufacturer of your flooring to see what they
say about this type of install.

side note:
I installed Pergo in my kitchen, 6x9, and was not happy with the
results. 10x16 is a lot of floor to lay and not be happy. You may
want to check out prices compared to hardwood. When I had the floors
redone in the house we recently bought we got prices ranging from
$2,000 to $5,000 to sand & refinish the entire house so the 'pro's'
prices vary drastically. Or you could probably lay sand and finish it
yourself since it is a room off to the side and wouldn't need to be
done in a day.

OVERLAY USING PLYWOOD OVER WOOD SUB FLOOR is what I propose to do,
the sketch does not show any heat deflectors. Do you suppose I could
elininate to plywood layer over the tubbing or would that create hot
spots on the finished flooring surface? Tx for your help. jesse