Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
greybeard

Default Gauge block care and useage

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
Robin S. wrote:
"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
.. .

No, not at all. What I'm more interested in is
whether or not my import calipers are reading
right over their full length of travel. The
calipers only have to be accurate to a couple
thousandths for my work. Lenny's advice of staying
away from even intervals is probably all I need
to do.

Ah Ha! IF you're checking the import calipers, make sure you check several
places along the length of the jaws. I have four from HF, checking back
where the jaws aren't thinned, beautiful. Checking where they beveled them,
off by a full thou. A couple of swipes with a very fine stone, deburring
the edges took care of it.

Rich.