Mike Henry

Default Spam from Korea

"Ted Edwards" wrote in message
DoN. Nichols wrote:

That's just me,
though, and I don't have a problem with anyone else switching. I have

far
too much archived with both to consider switching, especially as none

of the
other email or newsreader programs seems to have any sort of decent

transfer
facility. Been a while since I looked at the current market offerings,
though - do you know of any?

I recently switched to Polarbar for e-mail and I'm very impressed with
it. Each e-mail is a separate file with which you can do what you want
including stripping out attachments (e.g. JPEGs). It's free and written
in Java as a cross platform app. It's available for several flavours of
windoze as well as OS/2, Mac and, IIRC, Linux.

It also provides a preview mode which allows you to download only the
headers and first little bit of e-mails. You can then readily delete a
bunch of copies of Swen without having to download the whole thing.
(I'm on a dial-up.)

Not that it makes much difference, but I'm the guy that posted the bit you
quoted above, not DoN.

The question at the end the reply you quoted had to do with recommendations
for email or newsreading programs that could import archives from Outlook
and/or Outlook Express. Outlook already lets me preview headers without
downloading the message bodies so that feature is a non-starter for me. I'm
also not too thrilled with the idea of using Java-based programs.

But thanks for the thought :-)