Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Default 1/8" or 1/4" black tape? Making "stained glass"

Noozer wrote:
I've tried Google, but end up with too many bad hits...

I'm trying to figure out what to ask for when looking for 1/8" wide and 1/4"
wide black "pinstriping" tape. I'm using it to make some faux stained glass.
Electrical tape should work - IF they made it in those widths.

I've been able to located the actual tape made by stained glass kit
companies, but at $5.00 for 2 feet, that's a bit outrageous.

My only real concern is how easy will it be to remove later on.

Any suggestions?

Do you really want it dead flat like electrical tape? That's going to
look fake, not faux. Check out Decra Led - it's a self-adhesive lead
tape with a profile and is a good way to go for the leaded glass look
(stained glass is colored glass). The stuff isn't dirt cheap like
electrical tape, but it will last far longer and look far better. If
you want it black you can use one of the brush on chemical patination
liquids.