Posted to alt.electronics
Grumble

Default Speaker to line-in?

I was wondering if there is a way of converting the speaker output of a
cassette player to a signal suitable for line-input of a PC audio card.
There is no headphone-out on the device. The intention is to fit a car audio
cassette player into the PC. Will it even fit? Has anyone tried to do the
same thing? I know there is a company that makes one but it ain't cheap
http://plusdeck.com/englishsite/index.asp or at least it ain't as cheap as
I'd like it to be! I'd like to convert the family tape collection to mp3 but
I'm sick of all the cables and leads festooning this computer as it is
without adding any more to it with another piece of stand alone kit.

Thanks for any help

Ian