Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 3/8 in Phenolic Sheets - Router Table

Buy it from somewhere like McMaster-Carr

John

On 10 Mar 2006 09:07:52 -0800, "RicodJour"
wrote:

Tom H wrote:
Anyone have a cheap source for 3/8 in. phenolic sheets sutable for making
router table inserts.
It seems that $35 is the going rate for precuts at woodworking sites and $36
sq ft at plastic suppliers is the best I can do.

When you say precut, are you talking about rounded corners and holes
drilled, or just cut to the overall rectangular size? I just called a
buddy of mine who works for AIN Plastics. There's a $75 minimum, and
they'd charge you for a 12" x 12" piece, but the price per, forgetting
the minimum, is about seven or eight bucks for a square blank of 3/8"
paper based phenolic. Canvas based is more. So if you bought ten of
them to cover the minimum, maybe sell some to your buddies, that's
fairly reasonable.

Here's a guy selling sheet on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/1361-PHENOLIC-3-...QQcmdZViewItem
It'd be about $40 with shipping, and you'd only get two with a fair bit
of waste.