Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.energy.homepower,alt.solar.thermal
dennis@home

Default Solar water heating system value

"Pete C" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 10:24:49 GMT, "dennis@home"
wrote:

Dishwashers are almost invariably cold fill.

Mine takes water up to 60ºC, so I'd expect some can.

Mine can too ( I think its upto 80C though).
It is cheaper to run on cold and has no effect on cleaning ability.
It may save a few minutes.

Depends largely on the run length of the hot pipe to the dishwasher,
but as the short prewash and first rinse don't have to be so hot, the
initial cooler water from the pipes may not be such a problem.

The prewash and rinses are usually cold.
The final rinse is usually hot to speed up drying.