Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.energy.homepower,alt.solar.thermal
Tim Downie

Default Solar water heating system value

Mary Fisher wrote:
"David Hansen" wrote in message

The system at http://www.solartwin.com/easy_to_plumb_in.htm involves
much less plumbing, so is easy to fit and has simple PV powered
controls. Provided that the existing hot water cylinder is well
insulated and of an adequate size this has great advantages.

That's the one we have, with which we are so well pleased.

Does seem nice and simple but £2000 for the DIY kit buys a lot of gas heated
hot water. Certainly our house would be very suitable for solar water
heating (rear of house faces due south, v. little shade).

Tim