Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help picking Seer rating for A/C unit

snip

snip
I should have provided more information than I did. I did have three
estimates, two this year and one a few months ago. Two of the guys did
do a load something maybe a manual j or some letter behind it. One said
I need all new duck work, other two said what I had was just fine.
All three said I need a three ton central air unit. If the furnace is
important I can get the number for it. It is natural gas.
My basic question was, is it a cost saving to go to a higher seer
rating. How many years would it take to realize the savings say from a
10 to a 13 or higher? And yes 10 seer are still sold and installed in
Kentucky.
Thanks