Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Electric vs. Gas, your opinion ?????

Joey wrote:
Hi All,

Due to the high costs of gas this winter I am considering changing to
all electric on my stove and mainly heating unit.

Do you think this is a good idea ????

You need to start by checking out local cost of gas and electric.

98.48% if the time you will find that even at the highest price of gas
last winter (around here it came down in January and further down in
February) gas is still cheaper for heat than electric. The fact is
electric is generated by gas in may parts of the country. Electric prices
have also been going up.

Now if you add in the cost of new equipment, it is almost certain you
will end up paying more not less.

Take a deep breath and say to yourself, I know prices are going up and
that I will pay more for heating. I will promise myself that I will do all
that I can to conserve all forms of energy. OK breath and move on. :-)

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit