Spehro Pefhany

Default Every wanted to see a Chinese production facility?

"Dan" wrote in message ...

Interesting article on Bloomberg today, although I disagree with the
"spin", (I believe it's the old inefficient state-owned enterprises
that are shedding jobs, and for very good reason) the overall
statistics are interesting:-

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news...lumnist _baum

if that doesn't work, just go to it from http://www.bloomberg.com

So Who's Stealing China's Manufacturing Jobs?: Caroline Baum
Oct. 14 (Bloomberg) -- You know all those U.S. manufacturing jobs that
have been high-tailing it to China? China sure is doing a lousy job of
holding on to them.

China lost 16 million manufacturing jobs, a decline of 15 percent,
between 1995 and 2002, according to a study of manufacturing jobs in
the 20 largest economies by Joe Carson, director of economic research
at Alliance Capital Management. In that same time, U.S. factory
employment shrank by 2 million, or 11 percent.
snip

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany