Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ron Thompson

Default Mill reccomendations for a robotics team?

Update -

On craigslist, we found a Bridgeport mill with a DRO and KURT vise for
4k. Its in very good condition, and the ways are not worn. We've gotten
arrangements for transportation (its only a 10 minute drive.. so it
should be nice and cheap.) But the seller insists we pay him in cash..
is that a bit weird? or is that normal for machine tools.. (I'm not
even sure HOW to get 4k in cash without setting off alarm bells).
We've seen the mill in storage, and we know it exists, so its not a
fraud or something. but still kinda strange.

Awaiting your opinion,

Tatsu Hashimoto

If I were selling it, I'd want cash.
$4k is no problem at a bank. I seem to recall $10k is the alarm amount, although
I recently bought a Mack truck with $10k cash from the bank with no problems.

Ron Thompson

http://www.plansandprojects.com
My hobby pages are he

Severe stupidity is self correcting, but mild stupidity is rampant in the land.
-Ron Thompson