Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques

Default pacemaker

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 23:18:35 +0000, with neither quill nor qualm,
striebs quickly quoth:

I have an ICD (implantable cardiac defibrillator) in my chest and was
told that Mig welding was OK . My machine is about 150amps , I don't
use it that often but have been back for check ups a number of times and
the ICD is functioning fine (and it has not had any reason to discharge
thankfully ) .

If I remember correctly the cardiologist said that stick welders or
Tigs generated too much interference .

I wonder if something like a well-grounded suit of chain mail would
disperse it. That would be a bit like putting your body in a Faraday
cage, wot?

Congrats on your benefits from a working healthcare system.

The more we gripe, * http://www.diversify.com/stees.html
the longer God makes us live. * Graphic Design - Humorous T-shirts