Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Curing a leaky pressure relief valve on combi boiler?

"Al D" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 10:31:18 +0000, Al D wrote:

Excuse me if this has been adressed before, but can anyone recommend a
way to stop a cobi's pressure relief valve from dripping? Has anyone
solved this by smearing something on the valve's mating faces? If so,
what? I was going to try silicone grease but seem to have lost the
tube I had and don't know where to obtain more. Anyone know where it
can be bought?

PS
Since my OP, I seem to have cured it, using "Blue Duchess" hair wax
that I bought on my last trip to Alabama! Took care to clean the
insides of the valve first. Badly caked with brown residue - no wonder
it leaked.

Your system is sludging up. Drain slightly. Install de-sludger (from Wickes
an the likes) for a few weeks (read makers blurb), drain, flush. flush
again and add the inhibitor.