Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.energy.homepower,alt.solar.thermal
Mary Fisher

Default Solar water heating system value

"David Hansen" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 09:54:57 +0000 someone who may be AJH
wrote this:-

However, for solar water heating the disadvantages of an open vented
system include the trouble of placing the header tank high enough,
then maintaining it and the inability to heat water above 100C.

?

The system at http://www.solartwin.com/easy_to_plumb_in.htm involves
much less plumbing, so is easy to fit and has simple PV powered
controls. Provided that the existing hot water cylinder is well
insulated and of an adequate size this has great advantages.

That's the one we have, with which we are so well pleased.

You'll also note at the bottom of the page, "Solartwin offers minimum
disruption when installing, and then is as equally easy to un-install and
load in a van when moving house.

It'sguaranteed for up to (I think) three moves. So no potential buyer of the
house need be put off and the happy owner won't be deprived. :-)
Mary