Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheScullster

Default Cable Routing

Hi all

I will soon be routing cables for my kitchen re-furb and wondered about the
best practice here.
This is an extension with solid floor so all cabling routed in loft then
drops to fittings etc.
Currently cables are clipped neatly to joist sides in loft space and pass
through drilled holes when running perpendicular to joists.
This obviously means that when I re-insulate with 100mm or more, the cables
are buried and need down rating accordingly.

In new installs, is this insulation issue considered i. e. are cables
trailed across the joists with insulation pushed underneath.
Any recommendations on best practice appreciated, bearing in mind BCO
involvement and Part P of course!

TIA

Phil