Posted to rec.woodworking
Andrew Barss

Default 14" bandsaw, can't decide

Leon wrote:

: "foster239" wrote in message
: oups.com...
:I want to buy a new bandsaw. I'm not too worried about the cost but I
: don't think I need a big machine. So, I think a 14" will do me fine,
: maybe with a riser block. I was trying to decide between a Powermatic
: (light, rip fence) or a Delta X5 (mobile base, USA?) or maybe something
: else if you can talk me into it. I like the Powermatic but it is 75
: pounds lighter than the Delta.
:
: Thanks
:

: What do you want to do with it?

: 2 weeks ago I returned a Rikon 18" saw after waiting for it for 2 months.
: That saw was not up to what I think it should be and needed constant
: tweaking.

Can you expand? I was thinking of getting one.

-- Andy Barss