Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy

Default ping Morris - somebody stole your idea!

I remember a few months ago that Morris posted a link to a site
offering his newly-licensed, Made In USA circular saw cut-off guide.
For one thing, the "new item" link at saw-jaw.com doesn't work any more
- is your cutoff guide still being produced? Anyway, I was browsing
Lee Valley's website tonight, and saw (no pun intended) this wonderful
new item - looks familiar!
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...02&cat=51&ap=1
Of course the idea of a right-angle circular saw guide is not new;
probably many of us already have something equivalent to this in our
shops. But this commercial version seems pretty similar to the one
licensed by Morris. Is this OK because it's made in Canada, or is it
different enough because it doesn't start with a triangular
"speed-square"?
Thoughts?
Andy