Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman

Default Anyone know anything about wiring up a thermistor (sp?)

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 03:58:22 GMT, (Roy) wrote:

I want to make a electronic controller to turn a fan(3" muffin type)
when water temp reaches a certain temperature. I know they make water
proof or submersible thermistors, and there can't be too much to the
circuit as one company makes such a fan but its sensed with air temp
and I want water temp.......Fans are all 12 volt DC.. I owuld like to
turn on fan when water temp reaches 81 deg or so and off when it gets
back to about 79 or so degrees.

Any links on circuits etc appreicated or on how to figure out what
thermistors are needed.

You might look at aquarium heater controls.

Try posting on sci.electronics.design if you can build simple elex
from a schematic. You are right, there isn't much to a circuit that
wil do what you want to do.

I'd normally be glad to help more, but I'm about at capacity with
pro-bono projects at the moment.