Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding
Keith Marshall

Default BOUGHT A TIG......OPINIONS PLEASE?

I have the same welder. I had to make my own pedal for it. I have
trouble making good welds with aluminium, it always leaves black marks.
Let me know how yours works on aluminium. I don't think you did too
badly if it works, a torch will not cost too much on ebay. I don't
have a manual but I have fiddled with the gap electrodes that create
the high frequency. I wouldn't mind knowing how to set these properly.

I believe this is the correct manual for it.

http://content.lincolnelectric.com/p..._IMS/IM243.pdf

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"