Posted to alt.home.repair
RP

Default Whirlpool A&E FACTORY SERVICE Outrageous pricing

Uncle Ziba wrote:

I paid them $65 for coming out and making an estimate. I had the
refrigerator rolled out and the cover removed before they came. Even
the guy agreed that it was too much and I'm not the first to refuse
their estimate, but corporate dictates what he should charge. I only
have to pay what I think is fair. Don't get me started on what I think
about dentist charges for pulling a tooth

$65 isn't unreasonable. They guy who came out would go out of business
in the first month if he went out on his own.
While I don't like to pay the dentist, I at least understand that if he
didn't charge what he did, then he wouldn't be available to fix me up,
because he'd be doing something else that was profitable. Running a
business is quite expensive. The owners also have service providers to
pay, who aren't bashful when it comes to billing them.

Richard Perry