Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

Default Carrier Humidifier problem

"Bubba " ReMoVe wrote in message
On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 23:31:37 GMT, "Dr. Hardcrab"
wrote:

wrote in message
groups.com...
Also, some can be wired so that they go on when the furnace burner is
activated, instead of the blower. That's how mine is set up, which I
think has the advantage that after the burner shuts off, the humidifier
does too, so the remaing few minutes of blower time can dry out the
media. Plus I don't have to worry about turning it off during cooling
season.

Damn! Nice idea. Never seen it done that way, but it makes sense!

Thats how most of them work nowadays. Thats what the H or HUM terminal
is for on most furnace circuit boards.
Bubba

Yeah. The terminals have been around for a while but I thought it just
brought the humidifier on with the fan.