Ted Edwards

Default Spam from Korea

DoN. Nichols wrote:

That's just me,
though, and I don't have a problem with anyone else switching. I have far
too much archived with both to consider switching, especially as none of the
other email or newsreader programs seems to have any sort of decent transfer
facility. Been a while since I looked at the current market offerings,
though - do you know of any?

I recently switched to Polarbar for e-mail and I'm very impressed with
it. Each e-mail is a separate file with which you can do what you want
including stripping out attachments (e.g. JPEGs). It's free and written
in Java as a cross platform app. It's available for several flavours of
windoze as well as OS/2, Mac and, IIRC, Linux.

It also provides a preview mode which allows you to download only the
headers and first little bit of e-mails. You can then readily delete a
bunch of copies of Swen without having to download the whole thing.
(I'm on a dial-up.)

Ted