Posted to alt.home.repair
RichK

Default Argon-filled or Low E storm windows?

"dave" wrote in message

I'm reluctant to rip out 65-year-old wooden windows in my Chicago
rehab, but I need the energy efficiency. Anyone have any experience
with this relatively new product? I'm thinking I can save money and my
antique windows, and get the efficiency I'm looking for. Please tell me
whether this makes sense?

Why is argon gas a better inslulator than air? I'd like to know.
Because it sounds fancy and is more expensive?

The idea is to keep the gas from moving around in your window, which is
impossible, without putting some fibers in it.

I'v not seen an explantion of why some windows are filled with noble, or
just esoteric sounding gases.

Rich