Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike O.

Default Touching up Stained Trim

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 21:51:30 -0500, "Kyle Boatright"
wrote:

Long story short, I had to touch up the stain on one piece, and then
squirted it with some spray-on polyurethane. It looked good when the poly
was wet, but a day later, the section I touched up has turned milky white.
Obviously some sort of finish incompatability.

The question is, how do I figure out what finish is on the crown molding, so
I can touch it up with something compatable?

I'm not a painter but my guess is that you sprayed poly over lacquer.
I've had the same thing happen.

Mike O.