Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gene T

Default Another MIG question

Hello all, I have been considering getting a MIG welder for the last few
years for simple projects and repairs. I thought I had narrowed it down to
a cheap flux cored one because I have to work outdoors and my thinking was
that any shielding gas might get blown away. However it seems that flux
cored wire for stainless is not available or at least I couldn't find any on
Lincoln's website. Is this correct? Then to make me more confused I saw
some gas shielded- flux cored wire. Can this be used without the gas?
Thanks for your help,
Gene

--

This message has been scanned by Norton Anti-virus software