aupairs aupairs is offline
Junior Member

Red face

Hi
Thank you - but dont know what mitres are. I could just about paint and glue on beading - which glue to use? Do you recommend I get a decent DIY man in to remove the old gold bits then, presume they have to come off....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Noble
aupairs wrote:
Hi
I have inherited some of those fitted wardrobes and drawers etc with
the outdated 'gold' type beading or moulding on.
Bear in mind I have no skill whatsoever! How can I replace these bits
and update it? I guess somehow its possible to put decorative white
moudlings on somehow. The doors and fronts look like the typical mdf
stuff. (I cant afford and dont want to rip the fitted furniture all out
as there is a lot of it in 2 large bedrooms.) Thanks, Lara

You could buy some lengths of beading in wood and paint them white
(before you put them on!)
Lots of mitres to cut though, and you will get half of them the wrong
way round at the first attempt :-)