Posted to alt.home.repair
HeatMan

Default How difficult is it to run new AC duct?

"Steve B" wrote in message

"HeatMan" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
news Richard wrote:
Folks, let me explain. This is a house that is ~10 years old, and

has
the original flexible duct. I hope to just replace the duct, and
perhaps the vents, so I don't plan on cutting any holes in walls and
ceilings etc., just perhaps install new vents and connect the duct
work to them.

Sounds simple to me.

First, install several lights. That one attic bulb isn't going to cut
it.

First, though, take out the existing ducting. A real PITA, since it

went
in
there when there was no roof on, but it isn't that hard to cut it into

small
pieces and hand it down the attic access stairs. Have a good supply of
Band-Aids and first aid supplies handy.

Excuse me? In my area, the attic duct runs were put in after the roof

was
on. Sometimes the shingles had aready been installed, making it even
hotter!

Now, if you're talking about the ceilings, no, they weren't in.

WHOOSH!

Sorry if you missed my point. I will type it again slowly .......

It's a tough job any way you go at it.

For you, maybe.