Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Lewis

Default Reservoir Tank for Air Compressor

According to Chris Lewis :

The second generation was with a 10gallon "air pig", where I made the new manifold
out of brass, including a home-made one-way valve and pressure switch, and
mounted it on a cart. Turned a tankless compressor into a 10gallon tank type.

I realize now probably somebody will yell at me about using home-made pressure
fittings and how dangerous they could be.

You haven't seen mine ;-) Minimum 3/8" brass wall thickness. Probably good to
several thousand PSI.

The manifold weighs well over a pound (bored/turned in 1 3/4" round bar stock), and the
one-way valve (bored/turned 1 1/4" round) not much less.

It's kinda pretty in a brute-force sort of way ;-)

Good way to waste an afternoon in a machine shop with some brass bar stock
I picked up at an auction for a few pennies per pound, a spring, and
a delrin faucet washer.

Okay, okay, a few thousand PSI would probably destroy the washer and it'd
leak.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est