Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.energy.homepower
daestrom

Default Solar water heating system value

"David Turner, Island Computers US Corp" wrote in
message ...
OH

Keep in mind we have to wash at least once a day
I am from the UK but have developed the habit of washing every day instead
of every week
I the UK you can get away with it (washing only your smelly bits!) but
here
you stink about 9 months out of the
year in 90F+ weather if you don't shower

Oh - someone takes a bath in our house maybe twice a year.
And showers are for about 10 Minutes max

What else uses crap loads of power

Dishwasher? Robert Bosch - good quiet one
Electric Dryer? Maytag New within last 3years
Pool Pump? 1.25HP
Washer (does not heat water)

Comments

While not a lot, the refrigerator comes to mind. Being in GA, do you run
A/C very much? That can add quite a bit.

daestrom