mawdeeb

Default cost of hand scraping exercise

When I went thru the text, I didn't get the impression the author
assumed the reader was experienced in scraping. Chapters 5 and 6
explained the tools and techniques to use them. Chapter 10 and 11 covers
the markings and how to interpret them. While many of the chapters are
specific to reworking machine surfaces, their are many tips and
techniques a novice could gain knowledge or explain problems dispersed
throughout the text. A dry read for sure, but the reader will come away
from it with more than an understanding of just the hand scraping process.

My 2 cents

Jim Vrzal
Holiday,FL.

Karl Townsend wrote:
First purchase you might consider is a book or two on the subject. Do a
search on hand scraping and you should find numerous articles from this
forum on the subject. The standard text on the subject I believe is
still " Machine Tool Reconditioning " by Edward F. Connelly. Check your

This is a great book. Its subject is how to recondition machines. It assumes
the reader already knows how to hand srape in a surface - very little in it
on the actual scraping process.

Karl