Lennie the Lurker

Default Every wanted to see a Chinese production facility?

Carl Byrns wrote in message . ..

I disagree. If anything kills manufacturing in the US, it will be
union workers pricing themselves out of the market.

Bull****. During the raygun reign of ruin, the auto industry got NO
wage increase, NO increase of benefits, and made major concessions on
seniority and overtime. In return the ****ups that run the company
took bonus money. Strange how an eye can be blind when you don't WANT
to see. Just like Lee Iacocca getting concessions from the Chrysler
workers, then when things turned around he was going to give bonus
money to the managers until he was reminded that the concessions were
a loan, not a gift. Look at the latest investigations into the NYSE,
several retirees getting millions, far more than they have any right
to expect, far more than any one man is worth. Nothing but a semi-
legal or maybe illegal form of ripoff. I'm quite sure Worldcom and
Enron weren't caused by unions, just by educated criminals with huge
ego's. Kalifonicate power shortage? Now seems like it was
manipulated in corporate boardrooms. Seems like most of the criminals
aren't in prison, they're in corporate offices. Then explain to me
why the president of Case, when they existed, got millions in bonus
every year, even though he ran the company into the ground. (He got
booted out too, but what the hell would that mean to him?)