Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.energy.homepower,alt.solar.thermal
David Hansen

Default Solar water heating system value

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 09:26:23 -0400 someone who may be Derek
Broughton wrote this:-

There is no such thing as zero risk.

Agreed, but that seems at odds with what you then typed.

how do you guarantee that it's always sufficiently drained?

I don't follow?

If there is no such thing as zero risk then wanting a guarantee is a
trifle strange.

My entire point is if you can't guarantee that - or even
that it's a vanishingly small likelihood

Zero risk and as low as reasonably practical are two different
things.

When you have to spend weeks with temperatures well below
freezing, it's a whole different matter.

Indeed. There are a number of countries that have lots of snow to
contend with, for at least part of the year, including Canada.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh