Dale Shuttleworth

Default Central Heating - Controls

Hi,

Ed Sirett ) wrote:

[...]

: I thought that I might have a problem with the single control on my own
: Keston C. 25
:
: I have experimented quite a bit to see what is the lowest setting I can
: run the boiler on and still get HW.
:
: The cylinder (Standard modern copper with fast coil) is set to 60C. If I
: run the boiler at 50% setting the
: behaviour is stunningly good. 30 seconds full power, then a glide down
: to minumum over 10-15minute, then off because the cylinder has been
: reheated.
:
: If I had longer flow return circuit to the cylinder the inital flat out
: might be longer.
:
: When I run the boiler at about 45% then the glide down is faster and the
: boiler will spend a bit longer on its lowest setting.
:
: When I run the boiler at 40% then the minimum setting goes on for about
: twenty minutes. The boiler then indicates 'can't go low enough' (fast
: red flashing) but still heats the tank.
:
: I moved it to 50% and am totally happy with the operation. I guess if I
: wanted the 'standard' 65C HW then I'd have to move the control up a bit.
: Because the reheat time is so short it permits having the HW cylinder a
: bit less hot.

Thats extremely useful info - thanks Ed.

Am I right that the little knob effectively controls the flow temp by the
way? - None of the Keston literature actually says anything useful about
what it does.

Dale.