Posted to alt.home.repair
dnoyeB

Default How long before I can take my microwave apart or let the kidshave at it?

You know I graduated with a degree in Electrical Engineering and had
been working for a few yeras. Nobody ever felt the need to tell me
about this TV discharge thing. I discharged a 'dead' TV the hard way...

Brett Miler wrote:
I understand at one time you couldn't take apart a TV set because
supposedly it held a charge and could kill you. It may be true, or
not, I don't know.

Now I have a microwave that went FUBAR. First the LCD didn't work
correctly. You couldn't read anything. Then it would start and stop
for no reason. Finally, the thing blew out "electrical fire" inside
the microwave. Now it will no longer heat food.

So, since it is bad, I wanted to let my kids disassemble it for
education purposes. Do I need to wait for the unit to discharge
before allowing them to mess with it? It has be unplugged for around
2 weeks.

Thanks

The difference between a truth and a lie is:
1) Do you believe it?
2) Did you get caught?
3) Can you convince others of your conviction.
-MM
How I lost the day.

--
Thank you,