Posted to uk.d-i-y
John

Default Aqualisa shower (thermostat control)

"Tim Rogers" wrote in message

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
In message . com,
writes
We have a aqualisa shower that was fitted about a year ago after the
previous one leaked. Have noticed that to get hot water the
thermostatic control has to be moved almost to the extreme hot part
(fully clockwise) to get any decent amount of hot water. I was thinking
of taking the unit apart but thought I would ask here first!

I have an Aqualisa thermostatic and initially thought the plumber had
installed the hot/cold piping in reverse.

It transpired that the system is *flow* sensitive. If you run on low flow
you only get cold water. Mine is pumped from a cistern so this may not
translate to a combi.

regards
--
Tim Lamb

Thanks for all this advice. I think that the thermostatic valve may
therefore be to blame. Now if they come in different 'colours'

1 Which is the one I need for a combi boiler?

2. Also I assume it's a pretty easy job to do and is a matter of just
undoing a few screws and taking the old one out and putting a new one in.

3. On a the Aqualisa website there's all sorts of shower thermostatic
valves. How do I decide which one is the right one?

Thanks again in advance.

Some good diagrams on The Shower Doctor web site. Google for it.