Posted to alt.home.repair
CanopyCo

Default Contractors Insurance: What To Ask For ?

wrote:
Get the contract in writing, and make sure there is a clause in there
where he pays you if the job is not completed in full in X number of
days, for every day after X days that the job is still not finished.

And not the company owing you, but the contractor personally.

I just want to be clear on this. Your saying that this is std
business practice for
contractors in your area? Where is that? I have to agree with bam,
here in NJ
the contractor would just laugh at you and drive away.

Finished a job in Dec. Neosho, MO for Walmart building a new lawn and
garden center.
Had one there.

Had another one for Walmart doing the same thing in another MO town and
it had that sort of thing.

15 Pilot truck stops from one end of CA to the other last year and all
had that sort of contract.

And the Pilots truck stops in AR, MI, TN, WA, TX, MS, FL, IL, IN, KY,
LA, NV, WY, and a few others that I can't remember right off the top of
my head all had them.

And the Lowes jobs in CA, AR, OK, TX, SC had them.

I own land in Oklahoma, but as you can see, I do construction all over
the united states.

Oh, I forgot the Loves truck stops that all had one too.
And the Sonics.

I am not the contractor, but the subcontractor that actually goes out
and does the work, but I know what the contract was so that I could
fulfill its requirements in the allowed amount of time.

Call up a real construction company, one that has more them one crew,
and ask them if they ever have a time limit imposed on them and if they
get a penitently if they do not meet that time limit.

Nothing unusual about that at all.
Would you want to hire someone that could not give you any idea how
long a job would take and had no reason at all to take the rest of
there lives finishing it?