Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.energy.homepower,alt.solar.thermal
Rob Dekker

Default Solar water heating system value

wrote in message ups.com...
wrote:
samc wrote:
wrote:

Lets say it saves £20 a year heating dhw only.

Would that be 20 UK pounds per year? Sounds like a very poor water heater.
It seems to me that American families pay about $20 per month for hot water.

Welcome to uk.diy Nick. Maybe you can give them a pointer or 2 on how
to make a constructive DHW system that pays its way, too much talk of
junk designs here.

Yes, its 20 uk pounds. I'm not sure how you use all that hot water

Just out of curiousity, how do you get away paying only 20 UK pounds/year ?
Is this gas powered ? Or wood from the yard ?
Don't you shower or wash dishes/clothes ?
That's like 4 m^2/month. I use that in a day or two for DHW.

Rob