Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.energy.homepower,alt.solar.thermal

Default Solar water heating system value

David Turner, Island Computers US Corp wrote:

For what it costs I see no talk of timers/solar/cost comparisons etc

I installed a hot water heater timer in our house 3 months ago

It is on from 7-9:30am then 5:30 to 10pm.

That means it is only actually running (actual power availability that is)
about 7.5 hours
The insulation is good enough that it is not drawing power than for maybe
half of that

At 13C/KW in Savannah GA that ain't much (heater is 4500W 50 Gallon)
Ergo = $4.38/day which is at most $131.63 per month

In reality it is running about 1/2 of that, so it is costing about $65/month
to heat water !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI That is almost $800 per year (minimum) to have hot water

Now does anyone see the value to having a Solar Hot Water heater?!?!?!?!?!?!

Your hot water spend is mind boggling. Suggest you sort your system out
asap.

NT