Posted to alt.home.repair
John Hines

Default New window in shower - use Corian?

wrote:

I know that the simple solution would probably be simply to remove the
window completely and use glass blocks instead, but I'd prefer having a
functional window even if it means paying more. As long as it doesn't
cost WAY more.

The glass block installs I've seen have had either a small vent sized
vinyl window in them, or a larger (2x2 blocks) size. You start loosing
the privacy feature, with a large plain glass window.

If the rest of the tub surround is tile, glass block that gets grouted
in is the way to go. IMHO. A window that took up a 4x4 glass blocks,
with frosted glass would do nicely.