Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb

Default Stress calcs. for the intellectually challenged

In message .com,
writes
Mike Halmarack wrote:
On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 09:22:42 +0000, Tim Lamb
wrote:

I am replacing a time expired corrugated steel roof and am considering
using composite roof panels which are much heavier:-)

Seems like a fine opportunity for combined roofing and solar heating
panels, depending on your orientation. Good luck with the calcs.

Yes, this is when it can really be cost effective. Panels and roof
covering are one and the same thing. How much hot air could it produce
during winter? at what cost? How much more is this than plain roofing
cost?

Current estimate for a roof 4.5m x 13.5m (in plan) around £1500 using
*seconds*. A lot of the cost is in the fixings, ridge, gap closers,
barge boards etc.

I have no idea what the cost would be if half were in solar panels.
Presumably I would still need a conventional heat source as a back up?

regards

NT

--
Tim Lamb