Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb

Default Stress calcs. for the intellectually challenged

In message , Chris Bacon
writes
Tim Lamb wrote:
I am replacing a time expired corrugated steel roof and am
considering using composite roof panels which are much heavier

Why not just replace the "corrugated iron" sheets? Last for ages,
cheap, easy to put up.

Yes. These have lasted around 60 years. I suspect they were good quality
at the time.

Unfortunately moist air condenses on the underside of cold steel sheet.
This is particularly apparent when such buildings house cattle on deep
litter and there is a frost.

Anyone repairing or modifying traditional farm buildings has to consider
future alternative uses. My intention is to convert what was a milking
shed with standings for 12 cows to house the farm woodwork shop. Gluing
at less than 10 centigrade is a problem and I may need to put in some
heat.

The proposed panels have 80mm of insulation and weigh 11.75kg/m2.

regards

--
Tim Lamb