Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default Gas fire designs

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news

Is there an honest gas fire which looks like a gas fire and not something
it
isn't? I've googled but can't find anything. It's quite depressing :-(

Try googling
outset gas fire (pages from the uk).

Outset gas fires are still available - much the same as they were 30+
years ago. Although they now have Oxygen Depletion pilots lights on them.

It's just that such models have little 'prestige' and won't be found on
display in the 'sheds'. However the usual suspects are still in the game
Valor, Robinson-Willey, Stoves.

Typically these units are about £200-£300 pounds + fitting.

Thank you very much, Ed. Once more you prove the expert. I was very
disappointed that we couldn't get anything which wasn't an
honest-to-goodness gas fire! We really dislike fake fuel!

Or fake anything ...

I'll look now.

Mary

Mary