Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)

Default painting doors

Neil wrote:
Hi

Can someone confirm to me if new internal doors (bare wood) do not need
to be prime, just undercoated and the one coat glossed, I've got lots
to do so, I'm trying to shave time off the job.

Dunno about that, but one tip I got off Tommy Walsh to give a perfect
finish is to remove the door, put 2 screws in each end of the door and
place the door between 2 supports (chair backs etc).

You can then paint or roller the door on one side, flip it over with
assistance and paint the other side without any chance of runs.

http://Water-Rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.