Carl Byrns

Default Every wanted to see a Chinese production facility?

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 11:06:29 +0800, Old Nick
wrote:

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:25:07 GMT, Carl Byrns
wrote something
......and in reply I say!:

I am Australian, I assume you are American. We face similar problems.
In addition I might say, many small countries such as ourselves see
most of our money going overseas even if the US _could_ hold on to its
jobs.

I hope you are adopting the stance that you are only for the sake of
argument.

That's true, not all of this is my opinion, nor do I endorse
everything I've written. Some of it is distilled from business owners
_and_ union workers I know.

As with many people who espouse extreme conditions as the
answer to some situation, you seem to feel that in the world order
that equalled China's, you yourself would be very comfortable. If you
are a business owner, then that _may_ be financially true.

I'm not endorsing any extreme answer. I am asking some hard questions
and getting soft answers.
If the labor rate in China really is 80 cents an hour, then it's game
over, the Chinese are the winners, and the rest of us better get
comfortable with being farmers because we will be the new peasants.

-Carl