Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house,ny.general
Al Bundy

Default Cost of heating and electricity

Steven O. wrote:
Hi all. My Mom lives in New York state, in ConEd territory. Recently
she's been haggling with them over her electric and heating bills.
She's been conserving power usage (practically freezing herself to
death), but her bills have dropped only slightly. The following is an
extract from a reply sent to her by ConEd. Does this square with
other people's experience with the increased cost of electricity/heat,
or are is ConEd conning my Mom? Thanks in advance for all feedback:

You must live in a closet with no radio or TV. Everything in the
response seems about right. Your mother sure has done a good job of
cutting down on the energy used and this has saved her a bundle as the
utility stated.
You can bark at the moon all you wish and it won't change the cost of
energy.